Delivered to You!
Get the latest LaxRecords.com news delivered to you by signing up for the once-a-week newsletter.
Wagner Defensive coordinator Marc Zolchonock joined the podcast this week to take us inside lacrosse recruiting's most asked questions. We discuss several topics, including the best way for players to choose which recruiting events to attend and what the evaluation process is like for college lacrosse coaches.
Here's a full list of the questions we cover:
1. How should players pick which events to attend?
2. How do players get evaluated by college coaches?
3. Does getting noticed differ for players on the East Coast versus the Midwest, Southeast or West?
4. How early should a player start trying to get in front of a college coach (what year in high school)?
5. What non-athletic factors feature heavily in recruiting?
6. Is Walking On a thing at D-I lacrosse programs?
7. What’s the No. 1 thing a recruit can do to make themselves the most recruitable player possible?
You Can Make a Difference
When I founded LaxRecords.com, I could have made it into a for-profit company, but I wanted to create something different - there's plenty of recruiting coverage available. I've worked hard over the last four years to keep all content free and open to everyone. My promise to you is that I will never charge for access to the content on LaxRecords.com.
I believe LaxRecords.com is something special. It is like a library or Wikipedia. A place to discover the history of lacrosse. To my knowledge, I am the only person doing this work in lacrosse.
If everyone reading this donated, my fundraiser work would be done within an hour. But not everyone can or will donate. And that's fine.
This year, please consider making a donation of $5, $20, $50 or whatever you can to protect and sustain LaxRecords.com. Can't afford that amount? How about $2 per month? I created a way to make a monthly, recurring donation. If you donate $2 per month, that's $24 per year. Added up over many of you, that makes a huge difference and helps continue improvements.
LaxRecords, Inc. (NFP) is recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) non-profit charity. Donors can deduct contributions under IRC Section 170.
Make Checks Payable To:
LaxRecords, Inc. (NFP)
3238 N Central Park
Chicago, IL 60618